Have you ever looked up one day and suddenly realize that it's 3 months into the year, and yet felt like all that time went by in a blink of an eye?
Or thought something happened not too long ago, only to be reminded that it has been more than a year?
Or thought something happened not too long ago, only to be reminded that it has been more than a year?
Ever since I started working, the past years have blended together and gone by so quickly. Trying to distinguish one year from the next is getting increasingly difficult. Was the move to Boston in 2010 or 2011? Did we adopt Roxie six or seven years ago?
If life is supposed to be measured by the number of moments that take my breath away, I need to remember what these moments are. It is a sad truth that memories tend to fade with time, so let this place be my diary. To record these breathtaking moments so that I can recreate them in the future and recall the emotion I felt.
Let this be my diary. So I can trace my footprints in the sand after the tide washes them away.
No comments:
Post a Comment